In order to graduate high school, students need to meet the following requirements:
First – GIPA Diploma
To officially graduate and receive a GIPA Diploma, a student has to pass 3 exams:
- GIPA Final Exams (internal GIPA exam & ADEC Arabic & Islamic exam)
- SAT 1
- IELTS or Toffel as explained in the section below.
- Board exams are recommended to be done in Grade 11 or in Term 1 of Grade 12.
- The result of the board exam must be submitted to the GIPA registration office when it is received.
Second: Equivalency Requirments
To attend university in certain Middle Eastern and Asian countries, it is necessary for high school students to gain equivalency for their high school diploma.
The equivalency letter is a certificate provided by ADEC. To obtain this equivalency you have to submit the following documents:
- Original High School reports cards of Grades (10-11-12) attested by ADEC
- The report cards of these grades 10-11-12 must include a minimum of five subjects in addition to Arabic and Islamic (for Muslim students) with scores of not less than 60%
- Passing the Grade 12 Ministry of Education’s Arabic and Islamic Studies exams (level 6 for non Arabic speakers) with a minimum grade point average of 60%.
- Original certificate of IELTS with a minimum score of 5.5, or the TOEFL exam with a minimum score of:
- 61 points on internet-based TOEFL exams
- 173 points on computer-based TOEFL exams
- 500 points on paper-based TOEFL exams
- Original certificate of SAT 1 with a minimum score of 400 points in Math
- Student’s original GIPA diploma
- The GIPA registration office will provide students with attested report cards for the years that the students were enrolled at GIPA. If there are any years from grade 10-11 that your son /daughter attended another school, we recommend you start the process of requesting these reports from your previous school and acquire the needed attestation at the soonest time possible.
Graduating students will receive graduation envelopes at the end of the year.
Third- Undergraduate Student Files
- New students: make sure to complete your file
- Old students: update your file by submitting the following to the registration office:
- New photos (3)
- A new copy of passport with valid dates & residence
- Submit the original UAE ID
- New & Old students: are required to submit the above documents with the acknowledgement attached to the registration office.
Fourth – General Notes
- If you are interested in studying in universities in Canada or the USA, hurry and register as registration will close at the end of December 2015.
- To request any kind of report, please send an email to the registration office, email@example.com. Reports can be collected from the office personally after 5 working days.
- Transcripts attested from AdvancEd can be collected at the beginning of the 2016-2017 academic year. If a student needs more than one original copy, an extra fee must be paid to the school accountant and must be requested before May 2016.
- For more information and help students can see the school’s Academic Counselor Mr. Joseph Hamm and/or the Head of Section Mr. Bassam Saryeddine.